Pork Cutlets with Herbs and Baby Potatoes
Pan Fried Pork Cutlets Seasoned with Herbs and Boiled Baby Potatoes
- 4 ½-inch- thick bone-in pork chops (about 2 pounds), patted dry with paper towels
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated (about 1 teaspoon), plus 2 tablespoons fresh juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves with tender stems, chopped
- 1lb Baby potatoes
- 3 tbsp. Elle & Vire unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Season pork chops generously on one side with olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, lemon zest. Turn and season other side generously, then sprinkle evenly with ½ tsp. sugar.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Carefully add chops sugared side down and cook, gently shaking skillet occasionally but not disturbing pork, until underside is caramelized and chops are deeply browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chops and reduce heat to low. Cook just until second side is opaque, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and let chops rest 10 minutes in skillet (the cooking will carry over and finish the chops while they rest).
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon zest and juice, garlic, mustard, oregano, cumin, and remaining ½ tsp. sugar in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in remaining ¼ cup oil until emulsified. Fold in cilantro and season with salt and lots of pepper.
- Spoon half of dressing onto a platter. Transfer chops to platter, then whisk any juices that have accumulated in skillet into remaining dressing. Spoon dressing over top of pork. Swipe pork through dressing as you eat.
- Peel and Boil potatoes in salted water.
- Melt butter and sauté herbs, add boiled potatoes and mix.
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon INGREDIENTS 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignon, 2 inches thick 4 to 8 Slices of Applewood bacon 3 tbsp. Coarse sea salt 3 tbsp. Freshly ground black pepper 2 tbsp. Dried Onion flakes Compound Butter 16 oz. Butter, softened 2 tbsp....
Grilled T-Bone Steak with Roasted Peppers Confit and Herby Zaatar Sauce INGREDIENTS Steaks 2 T-Bone Steaks 1 cup extra virgin olive oil ¾ cup soy sauce ½ lemon juice 1/3 cup Worchester sauce 1/3 cup Maille traditional Dijon mustard 6 cloves of garlic Fresh...
Braised Lamb Shank in Tomato Sauce INGREDIENTS 2(12-ounce) (or two 1½ pound) lamb shanks ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon black pepper 4 garlic cloves, minced ¾ cup dry red wine 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano* ¼ cup chopped...